Thomas Nelson, Inc., the world’s largest publisher/seller of Bibles, announced today that they will be releasing a 25-hour, 20-CD, diverse star-studded audio Bible production of The New Testament entitled The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible in association with Falcon Picture Group (FPG). This NKJV New Testament, presented in a compelling, dramatic audio theater format is scheduled to release in October 2007.
The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible concept was the brainchild of Carl Amari, CEO of Falcon Picture Group, who is also a leading producer and distributor of audio dramas and founder of Radio Spirits, Inc. Amari approached actor Jim Caviezel (“The Passion of the Christ,” “Déjà vu”) to play the lead role of Jesus Christ, after working with him on the 2004 family-friendly film “Madison.” Caviezel relished the chance to explore the character in a new medium. He is also co-producing the project with New York Times Best selling author and broadcast journalist, Raymond Arroyo, as well as Carl Amari. A multi-talented group of Hollywood actors join Caviezel on The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible. The cast includes:
• Jim Caviezel (“The Passion of the Christ,” “Déjà vu”) – Jesus
• Michael York (“Romeo & Juliet,” “Austin Powers”) – Narrator
• Academy Award winner Richard Dreyfuss (“Mr. Holland’s Opus,” “The Goodbye Girl”) – Moses
• Academy Award winner Marisa Tomei (“My Cousin Vinny,” “What Women Want”) – Mary Magdalene
• Golden Globe winner Stacy Keach (“Prison Break,” “Hemingway”) – Paul
• Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Lou Gossett, Jr. (“An Officer and a Gentleman,” “Roots”) – John
• Terence Stamp (“Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace,” “Superman II”) – Voice of God
• Kimberly Williams-Paisley (“According to Jim,” “Father of the Bride”) – Mary, Mother of Jesus
• Golden Globe and Tony Award nominee, Lou Diamond Phillips (“La Bamba,” “Young Guns”) – Mark
• John Heard (“Prison Break,” “Home Alone”) – Matthew
• Ernie Hudson (“Miss Congeniality,” “Ghostbusters”) – Peter
• TV Guide’s “TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols” honoree Luke Perry (“Beverly Hills 90210,” “Jeremiah”) – Judas & Stephen
• John Schneider (“Smallville,” “Dukes of Hazzard”) – James
• Chris McDonald (“Happy Gilmore,” “Quiz Show”) – Luke
This arresting world-class audio production immerses listeners in the dramatic reality of the Scriptures as never before. Complete with an original music score by prolific Italian composer Stefano Mainetti (Abba Pater) and ambient sound effects that are woven together with compelling narration by Michael York, the Bible comes to life for a new generation. The post-production, sound design and Foley (sound effects) are produced, engineered and mixed at Cerny American Creative in Chicago—an award-winning post-production facility ranked in the Top 3 in the nation for sound design. Dove and Grammy Award winner Michael W. Smith is also lending his musical talents to the project.
“The talent represented on The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible is amazing,” says Wayne Hastings, Sr. Vice President and Group Publisher for the Bible Group at Thomas Nelson, Inc. “The vocal and music talents, combined with the highest level production value, has resulted in a powerful presentation that will take listeners on an incredible journey through the story of the New Testament.”
“Working with the highly talented staff of Thomas Nelson, Inc. and the remarkable composers and stars who give voice to The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible has made this the most rewarding project I’ve ever been involved in,” comments producer Carl Amari. “I believe that The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio Bible will stand the test of time and become a cherished keepsake in millions of homes.”
The planned follow-up to the New Testament is the Old Testament, a 60-hour, 50-CD audio production with Richard Dreyfuss, Michael York and Terence Stamp already on-board to reprise their respective roles. Many other Hollywood actors have expressed interest in voicing roles in the Old Testament including Jason Alexander of “Seinfeld” and Eric Bogosian of “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.”
The Book Shelf – Recommended Reading!
Christian Activities is on MySpace at:
Swag out with Christian Activities Merchandise!
Visit the CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES MUSIC & BOOK STORE
Use this link to shop Amazon.com and support Christian Activities