Nashville is definitely the place to be for the Labor Day holiday weekend Sept. 2 – 4, 2011 with activities including the National Folk Festival, theater, football games, art exhibits, laser shows and a concert by The Katinas! Most of these activities are NOT Christian and some may not even be family friendly, so be sure you research the details before you take the family.
* September 2-4 — National Folk Festival at Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park in Nashville. The 3-day event celebrates the traditions of American culture in music, dance, crafts, foods and more and is free and open to the public. Visit nationalfolkfestival.com for a schedule of activities.
* September 2 — Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson with Cowboy Troy and Bradley Gaskin at Fontanel.
* September 2 — Grand Ole Opry at the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.
* September 2 — The Steeldrivers at Station Inn.
* September 2 — Cheekwood Nights: Elenowen at Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art.
Saturday, September 3
* September 3 — Zzzoofari Slumber at the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere.
* September 3 — First Saturday Art Crawl at art galleries across Nashville.
* September 3 — Cosmic Concert Laser Shows at Adventure Science Center Sudekum Planetarium.
* September 3 — Musicians Corner at Centennial Park (through November 5).
* September 3 — Grand Ole at Opry Grand Ole Opry House.
* September 3 — of Montreal at Mercy Lounge. Show at 9 PM. Tickets $18.
* September 3 — Southern Universityat at LP Field.
* September 3 — “Annie” ends at Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre.
* September 3 — Egyptian Relics, Replicas & Revivals concludes at the Tennessee State Museum.
* September 3 — The annual John A. Merritt Classic football game. Tennessee State University play Southern University at LP Field.
Sunday, September 4
* September 4 –The Katina’s in concert at World Outreach Church, 1921 New Salem Rd, Hwy 99, Murfreesboro, TN 37128 615-896-4515 Visit www.wochurch.org
* September 4 — Gabe Dixon at 3rd & Lindsley in Nashville.
Fore more activities and ongoing activities, visit A Music City Labor Day Holiday: What to See & Do in Nashville Labor Day Weekend
CHRISTIAN BOOKS from Amazon.com
Visit the Christian Activities Book Store and the Christian Activities Music Store
384 total views, 1 views today