Gospel Music Association President Frank Breeden today
announced the new board for the GMA for 2001 during the association’s annual
GM Week Convention in Nashville.
Elected during the annual membership meeting on Monday, April 23 by the
GMA professional membership to four-year terms as directors for the GMA board
· Jim Chaffee, president of Chaffee Management Group, Franklin, Tenn.
· Chaz Corzine, CEO of GET Management, Nashville, Tenn.
· Dean Diehl, executive vice president of Reunion Records, Franklin, Tenn.
· Don Donahue, president of Rocketown Entertainment, Franklin, Tenn.
· Scott Hughes, V.P. of strategic marketing, EMI CMG, Brentwood, Tenn.
· Toby McKeehan, CEO, Gotee Records, Brentwood, Tenn.
· Shawn Tate, director of marketing, EMI Gospel, Brentwood, Tenn.
Serving as the new chairman of the GMA Board (a two-year term) will be
John Styll, former president of CCM Communications. He replaces outgoing
chairman Jeff Moseley.
Confirmed today by the GMA Board were following new officers and
appointed to one-year terms:
· Secretary – Charles Dorris, V.P., William Morris Agency (for his second
· Treasurer – Ed Leonard, president, Daywind Music Group (for his third
· Vice President – Mike Craft, COO, Provident Music Group
· Vice President – Pamela Muse, Muse & Associates
· Vice President – Co-manager, True Artists Management
· Vice President – Robert Hawkins, V.P., conference division, Fortune
· Chairman of Gospel Music Week – Jim Chaffee, Chaffee Management Group
(for his second year)
· CMVR Chairman – Darrell Hodges, Music Buyer, Lifeway Christian Stores
Additionally, BMI appointed Paul Corbin, vice president of BMI, to its
seat and CMPA appointed Elywn Raymer, executive director of the CMPA Action
Fund, to its seat.
Founded in 1964, the 5,000-member Gospel Music Association is dedicated to
educating the public and the music industry concerning the mission and role
of gospel music in today’s world. The Gospel Music Association produces the
Dove Awards, which recognizes achievement in all genres of Gospel music and
is the premiere television awards show for the contemporary Christian and
gospel music industry.
254 total views, 1 views today