~ Consider the flowers of the field. Matt. 6:28-29 ~
Consider the Flowers
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 9 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.”Matthew 6:28-29 NIV
The words of Jesus in Matthew 6:28-29 should be an inspiration and comfort to us all, yet most of us find ourselves bogged down and often overcome by the worries of each day:
- How will I pay my bills?
- How will I afford healthcare?
- How will I afford my deductible?
- How will I afford car repairs?
- How will I afford upkeep and renovations to my home?
The list of worries is endless.
But Jesus tell us not to be concerned for such things. He asks, “Why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.”
As is often seen in the Bible, Jesus points to nature, this time to flowers, to show us that if God extends such care to flowers, shouldn’t we trust that He sill care for us?
In Matthew 6:30 Jesus concludes: “If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?”
The God who clothed the flowers of the field and who sees each sparrow has His eyes on you. He knows your needs and has a plan for you. Turn your life and your worries over to Him.
Turn your worries and cares over to God.
Painting by Kathryn Darden for Christian Activities
- Isaiah 40:8 — Flowers Quickly Fading
- Word for the Day—God’s Invisible Qualities
- Like a Lily
- Word for the Day: We Are Here Now for a Reason
- Word for the Day: The First Rainbow
- Word for the Day: The Name of the Lord to Be Praised