TIPS FOR WOMEN, …. ON STAYING ALIVE
Some of this comes from FBI agent, Pat Malone.
1.The three reasons women are easy targets for random acts of
1. Lack of awareness (you MUST know where you are & what’s going
on around you).
2. Body language (keep your head up, swing your arms, stand
3. Wrong place, wrong time (DON’T be walking alone in an alley,
or driving in a bad neighborhood at night)
2. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,
eating, working, etc, and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making
a list, etc).
DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the
perfect opportunity for him to get in the passenger side, put a gun
to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR
CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking
1. Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the
side floor, and in the back seat. Check under the car as well.
2. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the
passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling
them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their
3. Look at the car parked on the drivers side of your vehicle,
and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest
your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a
guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE
3. Always take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are
horrible places to be alone.)
1. Do not get on an elevator if there is a weirdo already on
there (of course bad men don’t always look bad).
2. Do not stand back in the corners of the elevator, be near the
front, by the doors, ready to get off or on.
3. If you get on the elevator on the 25th floor, and the Boogie
Man gets on at the 22nd, get off when he gets on.
4. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,
1. POLICE only make 4 of 10 shots when they are in range of 3-9
feet. This is due to stress.
2. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100
times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
5. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT, it may
get you raped, or killed.
1. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good looking,
well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting
women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help”
getting into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he
abducted his next victim.
2. Pat Malone told a class the story of his daughter, who came out of
the mall and was walking to her car when she noticed 2 older ladies
in front of her. Then she saw a police car come towards her with 2
cops, and they said hello. She also noticed that all 8 handicap spots
in the area were empty. As she neared her car she saw a man a few rows
over calling to her, for help. He wanted her to close his passenger
side door. He was sitting in the drivers side, and said he was
handicapped. He continued calling, until she turned and
headed back to the mall, and then he began cursing at her.
She wondered why he didn’t ask the 2 older ladies, or the
policeman for help, and why he was not parked in any of the empty
handicap spots. As she got back to the mall, two male friends of hers
were exiting, and as she told them the story, and turned to point at
the car, a male was getting out of the back seat into the front, and
the car sped away. DON’T GET CAUGHT IN THIS TRAP.
6. Tips to saving your life, if you have gotten into a violent
1. REACT IMMEDIATELY: If he abducts you in a parking lot, and is
taking you to an abandoned area, DON’T LET HIM GET YOU TO THAT AREA.
A. If you are driving, react immediately in the situation,
and crash your car while still going 5 MPH
B. If he’s driving, find the right time, and stick your
fingers in his eyes. He must watch the road, so choose an
unsuspecting time, and gouge him. It is your ONLY defense. While he is
in shock, GET OUT. (This sounds gross, but the alternative is your
fault if you do not act.)
2. RESIST: don’t go along with him: run, if you are able to
scream, you DO NOT want to get to crime scene # 2
3. DON’T EVER GIVE UP!
7. Always keep your distance when walking past strangers on the
street or in dark areas.
8. GET A CELL PHONE. There are packages for $19.95 a month that allow
you to program only 911 into the dialing out program (this is for
parents who say it is too expensive for their kids to have a cell
9. BREAK DOWNS: (avoid this by ALWAYS keeping your car in good
1. If your car breaks down: you better have a cell phone to call
for help, and lock your doors.
2. Keep a blanket, and a pair of warm clothes and boots, and a
flashlight in your car always for emergencies.
3. If you don’t have a cell phone: (shame on you)
a. And it’s noon on a business day, you MAY want to put your
hazards on and walk to safety
b. And it’s 2 a.m.: put on your warm clothes, and walk to a
i. You are a perfect target if you are sitting in your
car broken down
ii. Predators search the highways for easy targets like
c. And you’re on a desolate road: walk away from the car (in
your warm clothes) and go to some bushes, or some area AWAY from your
vehicle. It will be cold, and uncomfortable, but you DO NOT want to
stay in your car, and there are no psychic boogiemen waiting in the
bushes who knew you were going to break down.
10. Physical defenses that we can use against the violent predator:
1. The eyes are the most vulnerable part of the body. Poke him
there, and you have (possibly) your only window of opportunity.
2. The neck is also a vulnerable spot, but you MUST know where to
grip, AND HAVE THE STRENGTH to cut off his breath.
3. The last place is the KNEES. Everyone’s knees are very
vulnerable, and a swift kick here will take anyone down.
A cautionary note about these things is that if you do not do these
things right the first time, you are an in trouble, because it will
only anger the individual, and that anger will be TAKEN OUT ON YOU.
I’m not saying don’t attempt them (it may be your only hope), but be
forceful when you do.
11. If you are walking alone in the dark (which you shouldn’t be) and
you find him following/chasing you
1. Scream “FIRE!”, and not “help”. People don’t want to get
involved when people yell “help”, but “fire” draws attention because
people are nosy.
3. Find an obstacle, such as a parked car, and run around it,
like ring around the rosie.
a. This may sound silly, but over the years, 5 women have
told Pat Malone that this SAVED THEIR LIVES.
b. Your last hope is getting under the car. Once you are
under there, there are tons of things to hold on to, and he will not
be able to get you out, and will not come under for you (most likely).
Usually they give up by this point. The catch here is that YOU MUST
PRACTICE GETTING UNDER THE CAR. You must have a plan (he will have
one); know if you will be going on your back, front, from the side or
back of the car. It must be practiced.
12. Never let yourself or anyone that you know be a “closer” in any
type of business (bar, store, restaurant, gas station). Pat knew
Danielle, who was the girl from Chesterland that just died from being
shot point-blank by some kids while she was closing at the local gas
He talked with her the night before she died, and asked whether it
ever scared her to close alone. She said yes, but said “I’ll be all right, Pat, I’ll be all right.”
13. Do not leave your car doors unlocked when you stop for gas. This
is a PERFECT time for a criminal to jump in your passenger seat
without your seeing them!
Pat Malone said again and again that the women who die EVERY MINUTE
from violent crimes expected to go to bed tonight, and get up
tomorrow, and do it all over again, and again, and again. No one
expects it, but we must be prepared and aware so that we HAVE A PLAN.
The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, … do it!
If you are ever thrown in the trunk of a car:
Kick out the back tail lights
Stick your arm out of the hole, … and start waving like crazy.
The driver won’t see you but everybody else will.
This has saved lives!
Our world is not as safe as we pretend, … and living in our fantasy worlds WILL get us in trouble.
The women who die EVERY MINUTE from violent crimes expected to go to bed tonight, and wake up tomorrow.
BE PREPARED TO ACT AND ACT HARD! HAVE A PLAN