John Wilson – When one takes the time to reflect on a past year as we do every December, it gives one pause. Over the past year, we have reviewed a very eclectic group of material. During this year of 1998, we have reviewed several different types of music: Prelude to Joy by David Davidson; a wonderful collaboration of music entitled Invention by Phil Keaggy, Wes King and Scott DentÈ; Carry Us Trough by Sarah Masen; two selections by Michael W. Smith Living the Life and Christmastime; a kind of Celtic infusion project Ceili Rain by Ceili Rain; Exodus by various artists on Rocketown Label; The Jesus Record recorded by Rich Mullins before his untimely death and by members of his Ragamuffin Band as a memorial to Rich after his death; Opening Windows by Max Lucado with Jeff Nelson & Covenant; Supernatural by dc Talk.
As has been our tradition, here is my list of the three best project which have been reviewed in 1998.
3) The Jesus Record by Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffin Band.
2) Supernatural by dc Talk.
1) Invention by Phil Keaggy, Wes King, and Scott Dente.
I hope you have had a great 1998, and that the Lord will continue to bless you in the year to come. Thanks for reading our reviews.
Phil Wilson – Well, here it is, the end of the year again (December as I write this), so we have our end of the year review yet again. So here is my top three of the CDs Dad and I reviewed this year.
3. Gotta go with “Live the Life” for this one. No, it wasn’t “I’ll Lead You Home,” but for Michael, it was a pretty solid project. Him playing guitar and all was a nice gimmick, but it had some pretty solid writing and some really good songs.
2. “Super Natural” definitely goes here. This was an extremely solid follow up to “Jesus Freak” and has really done a great deal to re-establish the guys in their place at the pinnacle of their game. As always, it’ll be extremely interesting to see how they follow this one up.
1. Of course, has got to be, “The Jesus Record.” The last words of Rich Mullins go a long way to show the kind of man he was and the kind of friends he had. It’s a great tribute to him and a much better one than the current “tribute” one out now.
Have a great New Year and make it a resolution to show God better than you did this year.
Swag out with Christian Activities Merchandise!
609 total views, 1 views today