~ Dog Nights of Summer every Thursday night in August ~
Dog Nights of Summer
Continuing a long-running tradition, Cheekwood Botanical Gardens presented its Dog Nights of Summer every Thursday night in August again in 2022. Tonight was the last night this year for this dog-friendly event that allows man’s best friend to enjoy a stroll through the gardens.
Dogs and their guests were greeted after check in with a Dog Service Center, complete with treats and dog bowls for the water stations located several places around the estate for those with paws.
The main drive was lined with food trucks and a few booths with treats and apparel for the pooches from dog-friendly vendors. Big dogs, little dogs, long dogs, and everything in between strolled sedately while others ran in circles on their leashes on the lawn.
This is not the only time Cheekwood will go to the dogs in 2022. During Cheekwood Harvest in October, they will have a weekend long event called the Halloween Pooch Party, where guests are encouraged to bring out their best four-legged friends for a costume contest, dog-friendly vendors and more. Find out more at Cheekwood.org.
Trivia: Friday, August 26, 2022 is National Dog Day.
- Going to the Dogs: 2022’s Best Dog Park Cities
- Last Week for Cheekwood in Bloom 10th Anniversary
- Cheekwood Harvest 2020 Is Ablaze with Color
- 10th Anniversary of Chihuly at Cheekwood Glows with Exotic Beauty
- Dressing Downton Comes to Cheekwood
- Lipscomb’s Halston/Borghese Collection Featured at Cheekwood
874 total views, 1 views today