Christian Activities has joined the move to Telegram, the booming cross-platform messaging service which is known for its enhanced encryption and privacy. In the age where Big Tech collects, censors and sells all your data, Telegram offers more privacy and freedom making it a popular alternative for Christians, conservatives and others who are tired of being censored, blocked, and shadow-banned.
While most messages use client-to-server encryption, the Secret Chat messages utilizes end-to-end encryption. In addition, Telegram features group chats and multimedia messages, voice and video calls, similar to Facebook Messenger.
The platform also offers self-destructing messages and supports Two-Step Verification and multiple devices. For all these reasons, Telegram is growing rapidly.
This is not to say Telegram is completely private Among its flaws, Restore Privacy notes the following cons:
- Phone number is required for registration
- E2E encryption is only for Secret Chats
- Logs user’s IP address and other data
- Servers are not open source
In addition, one reader who joined Telegram says her account was hacked–twice.
However, it is still a worthy alternative to message-controlling data collectors like Facebook and Twitter.
Telegram was created by Russian brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov (founders of VK) in 2013 and is based in Dubai. Telegram is predicted to reach 1 billion users by this year.
Previously published February 11, 2022
- Why Did Facebook Delete the ‘Pray for Our President’ Group? Interview with Donna Partow
- Parler Launches Erasebook.info to Expose Facebook’s Deplatforming & Privacy Abuses; Facebook Immediately Blocks It
- Twitter & Its Cancel-Mob Rush to Judgment About Kyle Rittenhouse Says Parler
- Parler, USA.Life Offer Alternative Social Media for Christians, Jews, Conservatives
- Conservatives, Christians, More Move to Social Networks USA.Life & Parler
2,125 total views, 4 views today